Wine careers range from Wine Making, Wine Production, Vineyard Management, Wine Marketing & Sales, Wine Public Relations, Wine Writing, Wine Education, Winery Management & Administration, Direct to Consumer Sales, Winery Supplier and Wine Marketing with a Distributor or Retailer. And, beyond getting a job directly in the wine industry there are many jobs in hospitality that may require wine training and certification such as being a Sommelier, Wine Steward or Bartender.
Ever wonder what people in the wine industry find most rewarding about their jobs? The following list is based on responses from some of the nation’s leading professionals in the wine industry, ranging from winemakers, vineyard owners, tasting room managers, wine sales and marketing professionals, writers and educators.
1. Contributing to the environment/world in a positive way
2. Long hours, hard work and highly rewarding
3. The creative process involved in the birth of a wine
4. Bringing enjoyment to others by recommending wines
5. The wine industry is always changing, so I'm always learning
6. Facing new challenges
7. Watching enjoyment of people experiencing wines for the first time
8. The good friends I have made in industry
9. Meeting fabulous people who are passionate about wine
10. Running my own business
11. Solving problems
12. Educating others about wine
14. Developing and motivating my staff
15. Talking to people
16. Helping others develop an interest in wine
17. Harvest and crush - when the magic happens
18. Spending time outdoors in the vineyards
19. The enthusiasm of people sharing their wine and travel experiences
20. Working in a lifestyle and luxury career
21. Being able to see how my own palate changes
23. Meeting smart talented people
24. What is yours…?
Excerpts from the book How to Launch Your Wine Career by Liz Thach & Brian D’Emilio – this book is included as part of your course materials for the Certified Wine Expert® program.
If you're serious about getting your Certified Wine Expert® credentials and building your credibility, visibility and success in a wine career of your choice, we urge you to GET STARTED!